Tuesday 21 April 2009

Trainadingaling

Didnt have work this morning so I went out at 9ish for some training in Belco woo woo.

Worked on a lot, but concentrated mainly on my turnvaults (split step style, getting really fast, confident and fluid on both sides which is great) and also on my climbups (which still aren't great, but I improved hugely today). I found that with climbups its all just a matter of transitioning from the vertical momentum of the kip seamlessly into the pushing motion of the arms. If it isnt seamless then it is much much more difficult.

So yeah, had some awesome trianing this morning. Was going to go for a swim but ended up finishing building a vaulting horse for PK class instead, which is just as beneficial. It works like a treat!


Also trying to arrange a meeting with the traceurs in canberra to have a chat, and try to organise some consistent, weekly training. Not just for Parkour but general fitness also. Will see how it goes, I'm not sure too many people will commit to even coming to the meeting...

No comments: