Wednesday 28 January 2009

Australia Day Training

Well it was Australia Day not long ago, it was a great day. Had lots of fun throughout.

Anyway, I got home from school at about 5pm, and I went out training at aboutttttt 5.45. So I jogged up to the oval, there were lots of men doing work up there.

I began with a quick warm up.

Started with some pullups.

4X5 ring pullups (Close, inside grip)
3X 25 meters lunges
3X10 feet raised pushups
3X5 Pistols each leg
2X20 'bicycle' style sit ups
2X10 Windscreen wiper things

Did the odd muscle up, I find them much easier now, but they were hurting my shoulder, so I stopped at 2.

Then, out of ideas and with sore muscles I decided to re-visit my taekwondo training and I thought, what is the use of being strong, being able to get away, if you can't stand and fight. I'm not going to always be able to use Parkour to get away. There are times when escape is not possible.

So I ran through some drills. I remembered my old training, at the elite classes. We'd run through every kick, without stopping. 10 each leg. so 20 of each kick, no rest.

Now...I'm not as good with my technique as I was so This is how my drills ran;

1X10 each leg: yup chuggi (In English, I do not remember, only In spanish)
1X10 each leg: Dolio Chuggi

REST

1x10 each leg: Side kick
1x10 each leg: Axe kick

REST

Horse stance;
Warmed up my shoulders with a 10 mid punches each hand, 10 head high punches each hand.

Ran through some drills with fore hand jab, back hand jab, from the side, uppercut.
10X forehand jab
10X forehand jab + back hand jab
10X forehand jab + back hand jab + Side
10X forehand jab + back hand jab + Side + uppercut


Then ran through the first pattern three times, working on correct technique, making sure punches were from the hip, right height, making sure I returned to the same spot at the end.



Anyway, buy this time it was around 7pm, so I stretched out, and headed home. All in all a good near-2 hour session. V. happy.

On Saturday, we went into the city for Parkour, started out at a park, did some muscle ups, some other stuff with bars, was very fun. Then went and did some tricks stuff, worked on my backflips, round offs, handstands, palm spins, aerials. Then we randomly bumped into two other guys that apparently did Parkour as well, so they agreed to show us around the city and show us the spots. So off we went, first place was a small spot, small cat to arms, small cat to precision (well, small but it was high, which made it harder than usual), I did my parkour training, they did...Their 'parkour'. It was good. So we walked around, found some more spots. Had good training all around. Lots of walking.
Anyway, we're training parkour more later in the week so that'll be good.


I have training tomorrow at 5am, should be fun, but I should get some rest now.

Eliot OUT.

No comments: