Friday 13 March 2009

MovNat, Methode Naturelle, y Erwan Le Corre

Ok well some interesting training advancements this week, yesterday me and David (my host brother) went out for some parkour training, which I enjoyed so much, it was so good to get out training again.
That night I read an article about Erwan Le Corre's new training system, MovNat, the article was very inspiring, and I decided to try some old Methode Naturelle techniques (different to MovNat). Don't get me wrong, what I was doing was NOT Methode Naturelle, I just took one principle from it, which is continuous work. Not stopping at all for the duration of the session.

So today, David and I went for some more training, but this time using the above technique. We set off to the park, and once we started we didnt stop. We sorta did our own things though. Started with a jog around the block, and got to some courts, basketball and Soccer. Surrounded by Big stair-like seats. So we did some balance work, running up and down the seats, climing over the fence, Jumping through holes in the fence, climbing around the soccer goals, etc. etc. Really good workout. I moved on to some trees, lots of tree climbing, dropping down out of them, climbing up, running between branches, that sorta stuff.

Kept following the path, playing in trees as we went. Jogged back down to the main park and did some more parkour-like movements, sprints with jumping, vaulting, precisions, balance, etc. etc.

We then finished up with some fighting drills, starting with 10 forehand jabs, then 10 forehand jab followed by backhand jab, then we added a different attack each time and repeated 5 times. Great fun. We then ran back towards the house, first while runnign doing some quick play fighting, defending myself while running backwards, him attacking running forwards. Good fun! Umm yeah, got to the house, was buggered.

Went up to a wall did some climbups. Then we just sat at the top of the wall, watched the sky become as dark as the sillhoueted (spelling?) mountains. Very relaxing, then stretched out before heading home. All up, over an hour and a half of continuous exercise.

I'm now exceptionally tired.

I think I will continue training sessoins like this, but perhaps I will mix these sessions with less intense technical sessions. I am beginning to move away from parkour specifically, and more to well rounded approaches. Like MovNat. I wish to talk to Erwan more, but it is difficult. I must go to Brasil :)


MN names ten different forms of movement: running, walking, moving on all fours, balance, climbing, swimming, defending, jumping, lifting and throwing.

In this session I trained: running, walking, moving on all fours, balance, climbing, jumping and defending. A fair effort I think :)

2 comments:

BFG said...

Nice man.... Sounds like fun. A workout I did this week with T: got a 10kg dumbell. Did chinups to failure, then he took it and did the same. Kept switching between us for about 30 mins.

Fun times.

Natural Roots, The wild Human said...

good to see you are incorporating the ideals of MN and movnat into your training. nice blog eliot.

keep it up,

Dave.