Thursday 19 March 2009

The time is NOW....approximately

Reading some of Thomas' blog again, looking at the photos he took while in Asia...I had a revelation.

I'm sick of thinking up grand things to do, grand adventures. It is time to actually take a step to do them! I'm not going to say now something like "therefore, I will ride my bike from Madrid to Jerusalem" or anything like that...I'm gonna wait and see how we go, see what I want to do when I return to Australia.

Some things I would LIKE to do (in terms of adventure)...
- One day I want to ride to Sydney
- I would like to ride to Melbourne
- I would like to ride from Canberra to Perth
- I would like to ride through Tibet and rural china
- I would like to ride through Europe.


Those are just some ideas, I think Canberra to Sydney would be a pretty good one, and not too difficult, one to train with. Then move up to Melbourne, and of course Perth last!

The main difficulty with Perth would be carrying water during the dry stretches. But amazing country sides.

Anyway, we will see how long this lasts eh, hopefully I keep this frame of mind, lots of adventures to be had!

1 comment:

BFG said...

I believe there are roadhouses every 100ks or so along the nullaboar (sp?), so supplies are okay. I think the main problem peole who do the ride have is being hit by road trains... If you wanted to go the long way round though (e.g. brisbane - cairns (riding the QL coast would be awesome) - darwin - then follow the coast around 80 mile beach/canning stock route kinda area would be...intense. And youd probably have to carry a lot of water and a solar sill. Sounds like fun though...