Saturday 1 November 2008

So far...

My journeys through life so far have been short, and sweet, and it is only now that I am starting to understand the world I live in, the environment I live in. Soon that will change.
It is life experiences which shape how you think, and your career aspirations. Not the time spent in a classroom, but the time spent learning first hand in the world.

So far my travels have taken me up and down the east coast of Australia, I've travelled to Melbourne and Sydney to train Parkour, and it is the people, not the places, that have made it all worth experiencing. It is people that make life worth living, and a traveller keep travelling.


But soon I will be cast out of my sweet little basket of comfort. Soon I will begin the cultural, spiritual, and personal journey of a lifetime. For 12 months I will be without my Family, without my friends, without my home, dog, food, habits, language, culture, everything will be different, and I'm not sure I am ready for it yet, but we will see.


Because in a little over 12 months I will be travelling to a country I know very little of, a language of which I do not speak, and to a culture which is not of my own. In a little over two months I will be living in Venezuela, for 12 months.



"Go to a cliff and jump off. Build your wings on the way down"




In 2 months time, my travels begin.



1 comment:

BoD said...

Im a fag

Regards
Smelliot